CLINTON & BONNIE DUKE
Founders of G.C. Duke Equipment
G.C. Duke Equipment was founded by Clint and Bonnie Duke in 1948 under the name Duke Lawn Equipment. Clint and Bonnie felt there would be significant growth in the Ontario grounds care industry in years to come and acquired the distribution rights for several lines of power equipment.
Through the 1950’s and 60’s the company experienced significant growth in sales volumes and product lines represented. By the 1970’s Duke Lawn provided equipment that could maintain anything from a homeowners backyard, a golf course, a city park or a military base.
By the 1980’s the company’s equipment market range had grown to include airport runway snow blowers, specialty firetrucks, sewer cleaners, aerial towers, street sweepers and airport emergency rescue vehicles. To better reflect the broad and diverse range of equipment it represented, the company’s name was changed to G.C. Duke Equipment in 1983.
1999 marked a major milestone for the company with the acquisition of the Jacobsen product line which enhanced its current product offering for the golf and municipal markets. With the acquisition of Jacobsen, the decision was made to exit the airport and heavy equipment markets and focus strictly on golf course, municipal and landscape equipment markets.
This renewed focus on its core business resulted in rapid company growth along with multiple “Dealer of the Year” awards recognizing outstanding sales and service performance from several different suppliers such as Jacobsen, Smithco, Turfco, and Lastec.
In 2009, the company acquired the E-Z-GO golf car and utility vehicle distribution rights for Ontario and Quebec.
Throughout its 75 years in business, G.C. Duke has always remained committed to the ideal of providing its customers with top quality equipment supported by outstanding after-sales parts and service support.